Lemonies (Lemony Brownies)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8-inch square pan or line pan with non-stick foil.
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and zest together using a wire whisk.
3. Add melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes clean.
5. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Pour glaze over the lemonies and allow to set before cutting into 25 bars.
Makes 25 servings
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. sift sugar into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and zest and stir until combined and smooth.