TONS OF BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1/4 cup butter (margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk, plus
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter (margarine)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9 inch springform pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3. In a large pan (I use my kitchen aid) cream together the butter and sugar so long as light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just so long as incorporated. Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. In a small pan or bowl, combine topping ingredients ( I added the nuts last) Cut in butter so long as crumbly -- and add nuts. Sprinkle over batter.
4. Bake for 45 mins (for some reason when I make it -- it takes closer to 1 hour) so long as toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool.
6. I like to remove cake to cake plate and dust with powdered sugar.
8. I feel awfully silly, but I have figured out why the times vary -- when using frozen blueberries -- the time is closer to an hour. Fresh berries -- 45 mins.
9. Thank you for everyone's suggestion of using vanilla. I have added 1 tsp to the recipe with good results. Thank you again